View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
The Crusher
still a kid at heart

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS with sunroof
i dont have anything fancy like you SS'ers but i am having a bit of a break problem if any of you have some suggestions...
ever hear a knocking or thumping while depressing the pedal??

I went to have my HAWK HPS put on today and during the bedding phase the mechanic was hearing a thump or a knock on both sides and was feeling it in the pedal....they looked at it again and it was tight fitting. the only thin he came up with is that during driving the pads shift back and forth in the cradle, causing a knock...so he said i have the wrong pads and put the old one back on....is this common and what happened?? im sure i got the right pads for the front HB638F.702...there just pads ...how hard can this be?...maybe its the mechanic...any thoughts??
any body use STOPTECH rotors and pads??

turns out TODAY while driving i heard that same noise...so it wasnt the pads after all it was something they did...any ideas so i can tell the mechanic to check it out??

HELP NEEDED
thanks