View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post
For one I want to thank everyone for all the helpful information.

Now, I believe I may have missed some stuff in my original post, talking about the 1000rwhp and such kinda threw off my question.

I believe I'm reading this all correctly so bare with me. You're saying I can put out about 5-7lbs of boost from this Twin Turbo kit, without any engine mod, and it should be pretty much run fine?

I mean I realize any modification from stock limits the life a little, but I was under the impression anything besides maybe 1-2lbs would just destroy the motor without it having its compression lowered, and all the gaskets changed to handle the difference. Shows I'm a little behind the times.

So I hate to ask the same question, especially when everyone has been so quick and helpful, but the majority answer seems to be:

1.) 5-7lbs will be fine on stock motor.
2.) This company sells a safe and reliable Twin Turbo kit.
3.) I can complete just do a bolt on job (not me but a shop) and I should find little issue.

Am I correct on all of this?
If you want to run 5-7 psi make sure you let them know. I don't know what springs they use now but last year it was ~8psi and you can't go below what the wastegate spring is. So request the lower psi springs