View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Think about this logically and add everything up.

turbos, intercooler, cam, piping, injectors, wiring, electronics to run it all...

new rear end to handle all the power. Think of that?

now double all of that for labor to install it.

then add in parts that break during install and add in more labor...something manages to always go wrong.

You could have two v6's for that price.

A long, long time ago when I owned a V6, I wanted to do the same thing. It hit me...it's going to cost so much damn money to do this, I'd just be better off with a V8. So then I thought....I'll just replace the V6 for the V8 and be done with it there... Duh... that's not going to work either. All the electronics need to be changed out. BIG money...not to mention the new motor and rear end.

If what you want is a V6 that blows the doors off of V8's, it's not going to happen. There's even a sponsor build here where they supercharged a V6 and it's putting out nearly the same amount of power as a V8.

You'd be better off buying a V8 and putting V6 front end on it along with debadging it to make people think it's a V6.

All of this supercharging, turbo charging, etc will end up costing you just as much as the car if not more. And with that, it still won't blow the doors off the other cars.

If that's what you want, have fun.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote