View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
I'm a kid who golfs with my dad's friends all the time, and they're all in their 60s and they tell me great stories of "the glory days"when they used to race their chargers,camaros, mustangs etc... Obviously their stories have all been told to me, and I'd love to hear about the fun you guys used to have when you were young! Obviously doesn't have to be about racing, but anything that you would like to share would be awesome!

PS. I know you're still young at heart!
Well I was a kid in the 60s not old enuff to drive but the streets were full of American hotrods. Every kid 16 to 40 something seemed to be driving something hopped up from the 50s 60s and early 70s. Started to wind down in the early 80s. In the early 60s the style was a lowered rear to give the car a long low lead sled style, then in the late 60s and 70s most cars had the jacked up in the back look to accomodate wide tires and to give it more down force in the 1/4 mile. I guess I was lucky enough to experience that time even though my first muscle car was 6 years old when I got it in 75 when I got my lisc. Also noticed there was no road rage like there is today, sure people got pissed but not like today. Bottom line is cars were cool then and I remember admiring them peering from the backseat with my nose against the glass. 90% of the cars today are just hi tec bores that sound like bumblebees.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote