View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #12
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
I just spent the last hour with my wife by my side trying to pin down my final color combinations. I am down to three final colors. Now I need to pic stripes.

Silver Ice with Cyber Gray stripes looks nice - lots of real pics out there.

CGM with silver ice would look good (not available from factory and obviously no pics yet.

IBM with white is an obvious choice but what about with CGM stripes? Both too dark? I couldn't find any striped IBM car pics.

Maybe both CGM and IBM don't need stripes. I haven't been a big stripe guy in the past, but I have been looking at photo after photo and decided that silver is just a little plain by itself. The CGM stripes totally transform that color.

At least I am down to three. Some of you are still narrowing down from 7 or 8 colors!
silver with gray stripes looks OK but seems a bit tame. I think black stripes or no stripes would be better.

IBM with white sounds great.

If the CGM stripes have the same "blue" flakes as the actual CGM paint does then the IBM/CGM stipes combo "might" work but that is a risky choice. I would not do it.

CGM dosen't need stripes but adding black stripes would be classy and understated. A good selection.

Just one guys opinion.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote