View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #144
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
I see this much more of a vendor issue, tranny supplied to GM. This is what happens with a new product line and outsource for systems or materials - something all companies do nowadays. GM's best hope is the vendor is prepared to move fast and rectify. I believe THAT'S where you can truly judge GM's customer service and production. If the vendor is not leaned on by GM, then you can judeg General Motors but the fault itself, I don't believe is necessarily a GM issue.

Questions would be, did GM do enough extensive testing before marrying this engine and tranny compination ? Apparently they did, this issue has taken time to find. Best they can do, as they are, is get a handle on it asap. I believe they'll work as expeditiously as possible to rectify this. They have little choice given their financial situation and one strong answer to that problem being Camaro sales.

As frustrating as this may be, for the same reason you bought this car to begin with, have faith it'll be taken care of.

I spoke to my dealer's shop mgr. yesterday and most Chevy Dealer shops are on a strong learning curve with respect to this car, so best it is handled in production rather than a recall and mass demand for shipment of parts countrywide to be installed by 'newbies' in the Chevy shops. Nothing against the 'newbies' but the first several would likely take longer for shops to do. What would you do then, become a thorn in your dealers side, watching through the glass while your car is on the lift ?
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]