View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadams72 View Post
Good feeling to be on the track in a "muscle car" and handing the high end sports car some of their backside. of course there is always someone a little faster but fun to be that guy once in awhile. I was doing the same until I floated a valve into a piston last December on Streets of Willow. Now the car sits while I make up my mind on how to proceed. Going to be a stroker but LS7 is out of my price range.

Good luck on the build and make those guys take lots of pictures and provide updates. I think it is also appropriate that Justice Pete make the handling a little better to go along with the new found NA power!

Travis
Sorry to hear you had valve problems on yours. I hope you find a good solution.

I am sure not the fastest guy out there in the corners, and I have a lot to learn yet, no question about it. I've been working on adjusting my lines away from the generic line and towards a high horsepower line - so, on a big 180 degree corner, braking hard and going deep on the entry, cranking the wheel really hard and then getting right back on the gas to make a straightish line out. That's really different than the lighter cars that try to make a nice arc out of the whole thing. It's hell on the brakes but I have picked up at least a second on a corner when doing it that way.

Anyhow, am eagerly waiting to see what JusticePete's engineering group will recommend. I know we'll get lots of pics as things come together.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote