View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #36
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Base 2009 Corvettes are going for $39k right now. This is lower than what they were going for in 2007.

Very, very few people are buying high end items right now, but the media is selling you another story.

I'll believe in a C7 only when I see it. 2 years is a lot of time for this company to lose billions more.
That 39k is not MSRP, The MSRP of the C7 will be Higher than the C6. Also I have to correct your statement, very few people are buy cars right now period, both high-end and cheap cars are selling at half the rate they used to. That makes the market more competitive. By my understanding for an example BMW's M division has had one of there best sales year las year despite the low sales of the auto industry. Partially that is because people who have money will always buy niche cars. The people who are in the market to buy 2 seater high performance cars spend money on the cars they want (porsche knows this). The C7 will go up in MSRP and most likely offer more HP, Better interior and performance than the C6. We shall see.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote