View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #42
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I just dont get into it, i preffer the sound of a hearty V8 roar, hearing that V8 and then an underlying vaccuumish high pitched thing just bugs me =/

But actually i just did some digging and apparently the LS7 concept camaro at SEMA had a "slightly modified 586hp engine" so i was right, it is easy to pump beyond the LSA's capacity on all motor (of course one could make the argument that the LSA could easily be pumped beyond THAT but then it just becomes mud-slinging) i think after hearing this news im back in favor of a slightly modified LS7 powering the Camaro, people can say "its been announced, its phasing out" and all that but by now we hould know announcements mean nothing in the world of supply and demand haha, especially when it comes to Camaros...just my oppinion but i would LOVE to be able to say "yeah my Z/28's got the stock 427" and i'd LOVE to hear "427 Camaro re-takes the throne from supercharged shelby" those three numbers just have such a legendary aura around them, its quite amazing ^_^

Vega, I agree with you 100% about the mystique of the 427 and the Camaro. I also think GM did it backwards w/ making the Z28 the so called "heavy hitter" w/ the larger engine unlike the Z28's of yore with their high revving little 302's. The nimble little, high revving, Trans-Am racer was the Z28 and the heavy hitting Brutes were the SS396's and the COPO 427's not limited to but including Don Yenko's Bad boys and Fred Gibb's ZL-1's.

I guess Now days its all about marketing and name recognition. Most people ( even the non-motorheads ) know what a Z28 is and they think "Z28...thats gotta be fast!!! but you tell them ZL-1 and they stand there scratching their heads......they haven't got a clue.

So I guess GM is smart to badge their GT500 Killer as the Z28 against some of our wishes.
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote