View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #18
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
I didn't realize you were almost a year out on your mods OP. To put it bluntly... they probably don't have time for you. If i was running at 150% and getting home late every night to my family I would skip everyone that wasn't at the front of the line too.

What details are you looking for? There are plenty of people around to help you pick parts.
Thats sorta what i'm figuring.

Here are the 2 topics i was hoping to gain insight on.

1. I have been researching the oil type I should use with the build. A lot of what I have read states that I should be using a higher zinc oil, such as Amsoil Z-Rod oil, or Pennzoil VR1.

What does Lethal use for the initial engine build? What is your long term recommendations? What are the long term effects?

I am trying to do right by this build, and want to ensure the longevity of it.

For Zinc oils, what weight do you recommend is used? (if you recommend it)

Also, for the rear diff fluid, i would also like to swap it to Amsoil gear fluid after I get home (after break in), what are your suggestions on that? What weight?

2. Additionally, I have been looking into underdrive pulleys. What is lethal's stance on this? I did not see it on the build list, so am i right to assume that the plan was to put the OEM one right back on? Does Lethal have a recommended underdrive pulley for the c5 with the night fury cam install? My understanding is you have to remove the OEM underdrive pulley for the cam install, so I'm thinking I'd like to get everything done at once. Also, if I don't get the underdrive pulley done at cam install, can it be done aftewards without impacting the tune? Finally, if I do underdrive, do you recommend I do overdrive at the same time?

I just want to reiterate again. I appreciate everything Lethal has done for me thus far, and I'm not "calling them out" or "throwing htem under the bus", I was just hoping to know what their status was, that might provide some insight into why I hadn't heard form them in 2 months.

Thats all.

Thank you everyone!