View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Bewenched

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Bewenched Send a message via MSN to Bewenched
Unhappy One thing OnStar Can Not Help With.

Hey guys .... so i got my car last week! Been driving it around town alot and it's amazing how much attention I get .. blows me away!

So Tuesday I drove all the way out to Greenville with my husband to look at a motorcycle he was interested in. On the way back we ran into those storms that came through DFW. I had no idea it was even going to rain!

So there we are in south dallas, frantically calling OnStar to have them find us shelter when I giant gust of 85mph wind hit us blowing all the debris on the side of the road into my car. It was so strong I would have sworn it was a small tornado since it wasnt even raining yet!

We sought shelter under a bridge (fearing hail) stayed there until the storm passed. Believe it or not OnStar stayed on the phone with us until, but I sure wish they could have given me some direction as to where I could take cover from the storm before the car was damaged.

Drove the car home and too afraid to look for damage I had a big glass of wine and went to bed. The next morning I drove to the dealership to have the body shop take a look at her. All the debris hitting so hard put about 40 chips in the windshield and chips all over the front end of the car including the headlights, grille and emblem.

So I'm taking her back to the body shop next monday for the car to be repainted and a new windshield.

I think I'm still in shock and probably wont cry over it until I have to hand the keys over to the shop.
Bewenched is offline   Reply With Quote