View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #61
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummit camaro View Post
got any pics of the rubber washers, also you think getting another set of oem washers and putting them on will help should i do this immediatly after taking delivery and what should i be looking for when i do take delivery sorry for so many questions thanks
Look around the outside edges of the spoiler. It shouldn't be touching the trunk lid. My closest spot is the right rear corner of the spoiler. I can just barely squeeze a credit card in there. Before I changed the rubber washers, that right rear corner was right against the paint probably couldn't even get a piece of paper in there. It is when there is little to no gap, the road vibrations will chip the paint.

You can shine a flash light all around the spoiler edge and see in there the rubber strips and rubber washer/gasket it is sitting on. If the nuts that hold it on are tightened too tight, it will squish that rubber down and the outside edges will be touching paint to paint. It is pretty obvious when you look at the corners. You just need to be able to see a little gap. If paint is touching paint, it's going to chip.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote