View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double G View Post
I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. haha All I'm asking is what is your opinion on what is the best suspension package for the Camaro for the money?
and Here if you need a price range lets say what's the best bargain for $1,200
-This would be for someone who drives their car normally, but like to have fun and autocrosses and road track races on occasion(maybe 10-20 times a year). What makes the most change for the money?

And I would like your opinion on what is by far the best for our own wonderful camaro's regardless of the price. What coil overs, bushings, sway bars ect. do you think are the best on the market?

Thanks for the replies guys. And I wanna hear some replies from some owners Speak up guys! haha
Double G,

What is the best bang for the buck is dependent on the usage and the owner / driver. If all the drivers were equal in skill and experience they would have different opinions. Take a read of the Z/28 threads. The opinion of the car runs from a Perfect 10 to Under- Featured Overpriced 0. Funny thing is, depending on how you use your Camaro they are both right.

Running road courses 10 times a year is an intense schedule. 20 times a year is HARDCORE.

Road Course Suspension Starter Package

Sub-Frame Bushes
Radius Bushes
Z Style Sway Bar Conversion
Full Alignment Bolt Kit

Sway bars are normally the final tuning element, but the change in geometry with the Z bar compared to the 2010 inboard mounted bar is enormous. Adjustable camber plates would be a must have so you can drive to the track on a tire friendly alignment, switch to a track alignment and then back to street. Are you really planning 10 or more track events a year?

If you have watched the development of the ZL1, 1LE and Z/28 you have also seen how closely the cars resemble Pedders development cars going back to 2009.

Pedders fits 305/30/19 to all four corners. Other suspension companies point and laugh. Oops. We beat them all at the OPTIMA Invitational. To make matters worse for them Chevrolet releases the Z/28 with 305/30/19s.

December 2009 Pedders fits CTS-V six pots to our developmental Camaro. In 2012 the ZL1 is released with CTS-V six pots.

The ZL1 is released with 25mm front and 28mm rear solid sways bars for optimum strength. With a front to rear differential of 3mm it is the most aggressive sway bar fitment from Chevrolet for the 5th Gen, but lags behind Pedders 27mm front and 32mm rear solid bars.

The 1LE is released with a 27mm front sway bar only three years after Pedders first released our 27mm front bar.

The 5th Gen is released and so are the aftermarket 'must have' strut tower bars. Pedders tells the C5 community there is no documented performance benefit to a strut tower bar. Not a single suspension company can document any performance gain. Car & Driver partners with an independent engineering firm with a four wheel shaker. The first article confirms Pedders position.

Last, but by no means least, Pedders has invited every brand suspension company to beat us in the OPTIMA Street Car Series. We tell them exactly how we built our Camaros, what the RWHP is, what the alignment is, what our spring rates are... Pedders has never finished behind any current generation Mustang, Challenger or Camaro at an OPTIMA event on a road course. NEVER.

Bang-for-the-Buck to me is being faster than the other guy. There is only one company that fits that description. What the other companies do is talk about being fast. I get tired of reading about engineering this or racing that when the only place we se them is in our rear view mirror. There will come a day when they man up and bring a car out that beats Pedders. When that day comes I'll tip my hat and say well done. Until that day comes, Pedders is the technology, performance and engineering leader for 5th Gen Camaro suspension.

What happens next is some of the vendors will complain about this post. What will they complain about? Pedders is bragging too much. Pedders posted the index to the Camaro Book. Pedders told everyone the truth about strut tower bars making it harder for me to sell them

There is a wealth of information in Pedders Book of 5th Gen. Take some time to read through it so you can make informed buying decisions.

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation

Foundational 5th Gen Required Upgrades

Lowering Coils and Coilovers

Trouble Free, OEM Quiet V6 Lowering

Sway Bars

Suspension Bushes

ZL1 / CTS-V Brake Upgrade for the SS

Wheels and Tires

Bush Timing, Alignment and Torque Specs

Pedders USA Camaro 2.0

Lingenfelter L/28 Tech

5th Gen Wheel Hop and Drag Race Setup

Thermal Management

Running Changes Made to the 5th Gen by Chevrolet

Public Track Test #1

Public Track Test #2 Camaro vs. Mustang Supercar Shootout

2013 Strut Mounts, Pedders Coilover Pre-Compression and Ride Height Settings

Caution: Test driving any Pedderised vehicle can be dangerous. Pedderised vehicles have been known to induce suspension envy and sleepless nights filled with longing. Before test-driving any Pedderised vehicle, check with your banking and accounting professionals. Pedderised vehicles are known to induce credit card bills and reduced bank balances. There is no antidote. Only genuine Pedders can cure Suspension Envy.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote