View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #62
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
Ford doesn't have to. The ONLY reason GM is doing this is that they need to sell cars to help offset the money you and I both spent to keep them afloat. This is simple marketing...sucker people into the showroom with some promise of "if you don't like it, bring it back." Statistically, the people who fall for this ploy will not use the return feature as they just don't want to mess with the hassle and they will keep their car. It's the same reason there is a price-point for all that as-seen-on-TV crap...they know statistically that people that buy at that price point won't mess with returning the crap they bought.

Personally, I think the buyback offer cheapens the General Motors brands as it says "maybe our car isn't good enough for you" vs. not having a buyback and presenting you make the best cars out there.

The other "cool" feature of the buyback is the one that many here took...the $500 "I won't bring it back option"...this is a selling point (rebate) that GM offers the person that comes in looking at a car based on the buyback offer. This lure is dangled and hopefully the customer bites and takes $500 vs. a potential buyback and GM is off scott-free.

Don't mislead yourself into thinking the buyback is anything but another gimmick to get people into the showroom. Looking at Ford's profit that was just released...I'd say they don't need a gimmick....
Lets end it here OK-
I just mentioned it it is that simple. Take it or leave it.No crap its all marketing .Duh. Yea Ford profit is high.Only because they already smartly got rid of junk in the trunk earlier. Give it a break.. besides it is a forum.. take it & give it.. period.
Either was Ill say this- my truck is my work truck, ford f650.......
but my personal/.. 07 silverado and 2010 camaro.. and wife has 2009 Traverse..wouldnt change for the world.
My history with GM is long dug as some have done with Ford. I dont buy ford, dodge that because I In my opinion FEEL chevy is better. Never failed or let me down, some here take it extreme. but points made he can use that option if needed.
I like the look of the newer retro cars.. but the Camaro is always in my heart.
plain & simple. And many here, having owner prior Cameros know what Im saying.
Many including myself ordered blind- no test drive ..etc.. going by reading & learning.. not like you have to do that with a VW or A Ford OR a Vette

Besides, HE can always SELL it. MaNY will buy.

Case closed.
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote