Thread: Utah Utes?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #1587
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearldrums View Post
Welcome back SSOOCH!!! I am kinda disappointed I cannot attend the expo. It sounds like it is going to awesome. You guys all have fun, and I will see you at the next event. Looking forward to meeting all of you in person.
We'll miss you Pearldrums. Wish ALL of us could be there. But we all have separate lives. Things to do. Places to go. People to see.

I had a "Lightning" hit yesterday! I walked up to my computer, touched the mouse and.... zzzzot. I got a static electricity discharge that nearly knocked me on my behind. Then I realized I was wearing shoes that I nearly never wear when I use the computer. They must generate a terrific charge on this carpet. The next thing I realized was that the mouse no longer worked at all. I tried shutting down the comupter (the hard way, ack), waiting a few minutes and then rebooting. I even tried another mouse from an un-used computer. No luck. Finally, I used my laptop to log into Camaro5 last night. I was going to go out and get some new hardware in hopes of curing the problem this morning but I tried one last time to boot up.... it worked! Everything is back to normal. Just goes to show what power LIGHTNING has! (I've just gotta get out and drive today).