View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #489
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oortcloud View Post
I'm not sure I understand your point. I'm certainly not telling someone how to spend their money. I'm mearly asking why should I pay more?

How can I take those 2 cars out of the equation? The whole point of this thread is to talk about the motor trend review of those 2 cars. They posted the price just like every other review has done.

I priced out about a dozen other cars from ford, chevy, nissan, etc... The zl1 is not the cheapest I looked at but it's also not the most expensive.

The fact is that the zl1 is cheaper and is beating the gt500 on some road courses. And so far it looks like when doing more than a couple laps, the zl1 is possibly the faster car on all road courses. So again, why should I pay more for a car that is not performing as good as the zl1?
Because it does perform better than the Zl1 in all speed contests and some roud courses. But you dont have to spend your money on it. Thats the beauty of having two cars. Pick the one the suits you.

You might be right you might be wrong. Just at one review said the shifter in the ZL1 blows, others praise it. Only 1 out 4 said something about the brakes. Who knows maybe they got a ruffed up shelby, maybe they didn't. But you are also paying the $$$ for a car you dont have to open the short block for over 700RWHP, the Chevy/Caddy you do. There is a price premium for that. It looks like not for you and not your taste and that is fine. We are in america, pick what you want.
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote