View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Rendo

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Would it be wise to do a first full service at 3 years yourself?
Is there a list somewhere of the Camaro Servicing tasks, for each service check.
How often do you change your Oil & Filter, 5000 miles or every 6 months?
Guess I should asking all this on another part of the Forum... where's best Chaps?
Your owner's manual has all the recommendations for servicing tasks. The only servicing "required" beyond checking fluids is changing your oil when the computer tells you to and changing the transmission and differential fluids at 50,000 miles. My car has 23k miles and I have already changed both and I am really glad I did after seeing the fluid which came out.

The Maintenance Forum is here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Tons of good info, but you need to read a lot to come to a happy medium. Some people take things to the extreme. I change my oil around 6,000 miles. The stock filter is good, but using a premium filter from AMSoil, Mobil1, or Royal Purple would be better.
2010 Black 2SS/RS M6 - SLP Loud Mouth II Exhaust, AIRAID Intake System, RX Catch Can, Eibach Pro Springs and Anti-Roll Kit, Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter, Skipshift Eliminator, Heritage Grill, JDP Color Changing Halos, Blackout Everything
Rendo is offline   Reply With Quote