View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #134
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.

I hope most ppl on here that think they are going to beat every car at the strip and street is going of a stock to stock basis