View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Went to my dealer today to ask about a finalized Canadian price for my
2SS/RS. He said, they still haven’t got a final price....huh???

Anyway, he said that my car is being built and they could see the progress of it on their computers and its destined for delivery in end April.

I was introduced to another staff member and he said, "oh you’re the guy with the Camaro... do you know yours is the only one being built from our allocation". He gave me a look that I can only translate that sales are shy of their goals.

Whatever the reason, I am happy I will have the only the first 2SS/RS in my town. Unless of course someone brings it in from another dealer out of town.

BUT HERE IS THE WORRYING THING......

He also said that they are expecting a price increase in the MSRP. He said, that I will be getting the cheapest 2SS ever (as I pre ordered) as the prices are expected to shoot up after allocations.

I dont know how to take that because if sales are low why increase the price, or was the look he gave me really meant, "we could ONLY order one 2SS from our allocation" Not sure what to think.

So I'm worried cos my dealer said they will not go a penny over MSRP and they are just saying this BS to jack up the price on my order. Whatever happens, I wont pay a penny over what the REAL MSRP is for Canada and I told my salesman that as I was leaving and I also told him that I expect honesty from him.

He said of course. To be honest with you, I trust him; he's always been straight up and honest so far! If I get screwed, its not in their interest to get bad publicity.
How can your car is being being built when PRODUCTION starts on 16 March 2009
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote