View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Larz29

Drives: 2010 camaro ss LS3 cyber grey
AAC LED fog light bulbs both went bad. void the lights part of the warranty potential

So let me start by saying I don't want to get too deep into the blame game but let me give you my situation with AAC fog light bulbs.

The good:
Super bright and very sweet looking.
Easy to install.

The bad:
So I installed these bulbs around the April timeframe. When I called AAC to order them, I asked if they are a direct replacement, and will not void my factory warranty? They stated that no ballast is needed, and they said these bulbs are a direct replacement and will not void my factory warranty, and will not cause any electrical problems. So the lights we're working up until about 2 weeks ago. No abuse, no out of the ordinary use. As a matter of fact I only used them a handful of times. So I took my car to the dealer and they diagnoced the electrical and lights. They indicated the lights are bad and the reason is the current is off, and a sensor within the electrical for the lights possiblly caused the problem. Also, he said both lights are bad as well. This is not the first time I had a problem with aac parts. I feel bad knocking on them, but I think people need to know this info to make an informed decision before altering your fog lights with AAC LED replacements. Thank god they didn't charge me anything, but a lesson learned for sure.
Larz29 is offline   Reply With Quote