View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
RavenZL1

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
It really comes down the protection you want and what you want to be left with after you take the protection off. In most cases if you are already doing front bumper/partial fenders/mirrors/grills an installer will usually cut you a deal to do the entire hood (at least I do). IMO that line across the hood looks horrible across the hood from the leading edge and catches things such as polish and wax which, if not taken care of properly, can diminish the life of the film. If properly installed you should hardly be able to tell the entire hood is wrapped, unless you stare and touch it. All I can say is, why skimp when you know for hardly any more your entire hood is covered and you will have protection say something or someone sit on your hood (I have seen it). Fully understand where you are coming from though as 90% of the time what you had done would be sufficient and was what I used to recommend. Just make when you guys find someone to do it that they are certified cause that in itself could save you from hassle, if not properly installed a partial hood can leave to a nice distinct line across is when you go to take it off, one of which can not be fixed by polishing but only repainting.
Exactly!!!