View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #55
Beechdoctor

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
Sorry I haven't replied to my own thread since I'm a truck driver and have been gone a couple of days. I did lower the seat (power) all the way, and my head was about 1/2 inch from the headliner. The Challenger had good headroom compared to the Camaro. After seeing the Camaro in person, I'm not real crazy about the chopped top look Chevy is going with on the Camaro. My wife has an 08 Malibu and it has the chopped top look too, but with more headroom. My Impala has some bigtime headroom, though, but I had to alter the seat so it would slide back further. I guess in a perfect world, the cars would fit the vertically challenged folks as well as the tall folks. BTW on my road tractor, I had to have the seat altered so it could slide back an extra 2 inches. Freightliner makes an adapter plate for this purpose. This will be a problem I will always have to deal with.

Some perfer a more vertical seat back position. I'm 6'5" and with the power seat reclined a bit, I have about 1.5" of head room the way I adjust the chair. Still not a lot, but I'm good with it and no....rear seat passengers have not leg room behind me...but pleanty of leg room for me. The Dodge's do have more headroom...they are a bigger car.

To each his/her own...the chopped-top look of the camaro is a big part of the appeal for me. Silmilar but roomier than the Corvette, the Camaro may not have the utility of some of the other retro-pony cars, but a true work of art by comparison...IMHO!
Beechdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote