View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #45
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
First, sorry you are having any issues.

You didn't mention that you tried to open the trunk from the outside lifting up while you push the button on the remote.

The trunk has a pop up spring. All trunks have some type of spring, but the 4-bar system on the Camaro has one that pushes the trunk open when it is un-latched. It sounds as if the latch is popping (the noise you hear) but the trunk isn't lifting off the seals. The suggestion that the trunk may be sticking on the seal is also something to check.

The glass issue may just simply be the reflash. If you have one of the early cars, it is possible that the reflash wan't done or done correctly. I know it sounds strange, but there is a module that controls the windows and that module has software.

Both concerns should be easy to fix and shouldn't cause any concerns after a trip to the dealer.

And yes, there is a auto reverse in all express up windows that reverses the glass when it contacts an obstruction. I forget the force required, but it shouldn't be anywhere near what would take your hand off.