View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
At this point, I believe the ONLY FI option is the STS Turbo, which is a monster. Putting down almost 400 at the wheels. I'm with you though, I'd love to open the hood and see a big shiny supercharger sitting there. It's strange nobody is stepping up with as many people are clamoring for boost on here. My guess is demand will start to skyrocket in about 3 years, when warranties start expiring. I think that is when we will see an explosion in people going to forced induction because many people with the V6 are using it as a daily driver and can't afford to take that risk on a car they need. I think a lot more V8 guys' cars are their toys, and they are much more willing to roll the dice on extreme mods. My guess is that the big performance companies know this and therefore are not going to sink $X into developing something that might only sell a couple dozen units.
Still waiting to see one run at the track... If memory serves most guys are only getting about 350 RWHP, which isn't shabby at all... but I want to see how things hold up and how it does at the track, where the car really gets a load on it...

Also car has a 5 year/100,000 mile power train warranty...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote