View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #62
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Hey guys just wanted to chime in here, I did speak with the sheriff and he assured me that it was well within my rights to mount whatever I wanted in my trunk as long as it isn't loaded. He also added that because it will be paint matched to the car, it will be a lot easier to explain in a vehicle search that it is a show piece and it will be very easy to tell if it has been used before/recently.

I have received a few PM's about my mounting method so I'm going to post photos here. I wanted to add that I did attempt to find a clip in mount, but didn't find anything. Also because of its location, the odds of it falling out of the mount are pretty high. Therefore I went with velcro. Here's how I did it for interested parties.

Step 1: Remove bat grip tape, sand down to aluminum, drop off at macco

Step 2: Buy Velcro strips, use office stapler to create mounting straps.

Step 3: Remove trunk liner and use heavy duty stapler to mount strips to liner.

Step 4: Get a snow cone and wait for bat to come back from paint

Also, I wanted to add that I am aware that guns are more effective. This bat is merely for show (hence the Grey Ashen Metallic Paintjob) and will only be used if necessary.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote