View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
Would this be tacky...?

Next to the SS badge on the back of the Camaro 1LE, I would like to see "1LE" in black letter stickers or similar. Something to denote the special package along with the wheels, splitter, hood, and spoiler in black. What do you think?

Also, I have kind of switched camps here. Why? I've been following the Boss 302 for a while, but now the 1LE has got my attention. The 1LE has Brembo brakes front and rear, not just on the front like the Boss. The 1LE has the Tremec transmission from the ZL1, the Boss has the Chinese made 6 speed same as the GT with suspect reliability in my opinion (from much reading). It appears early on that the 1LE will be a bit faster around road courses as GM seems to have done a good job with the suspension, tire and wheel package. This is more important to me than straight line performance. The telescoping ZL1 microfiber steering wheel and shifter are very nice changes to make the interior of the Camaro more inviting.

On top of all that, the Boss 302 will sticker for well over $44,000 with the Recaro seat and Torsen differential package. I understand it will be difficult to get one under MSRP as it is a limited production model. Ford will not do X plan or supplier pricing on it. So the Camaro 1LE 1SS with dual mode exhaust in silver, please, at invoice (as one local dealer has written out for me) will be what, more than $8,000 less exspensive! That will pay for insurance and buy lots of tires and brake pads an gas and beer. This is a no brainer for me, which is good because my wife thinks sometimes I have no brain.
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote