View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Exclamation Potential Huge Problem.... 2010 Camaro Nose Cracks (UPDATE: NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL!)

Also on homepage

UPDATE!!! See below

While I was doing the photo shoot on a 2010 Camaro SS this past Friday, we noticed some cracks forming at the upper corners of the grille. The tech that was assisting us during the shoot said that those happened during a top speed run earlier that week. The car achieved 155 mph, and apparently it lifted the upper part of the nose enough to form the cracks. I'm not sure if this problem has been addressed, or even mentioned before. Surely it can be something that GM can fix by adding more bracing perhaps, or a thicker nose molding. This 2010 SS was a production car, only a week old, so this concerns me.

It might not be a good idea to do any high-speed runs in your new Camaro, at least until we understand the problem and how to fix it first.

UPDATE!!! 8:30PM Sunday

I've been away from the computer most of the day. During that time, I've been informed that the nose on this particular Camaro was a super early production piece, slapped on to get it out the door sooner. GM already knows about the issue, and supposedly it has been taken care of on other cars. Something about a support not being bolted correctly, it wasn't clear what the solution was without seeing the car in front of me.

Anyways, it appears they have a solution. I'm going to re-edit the first post to include this update.

Now, please get back to being buddies instead of haters

UPDATE!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Nine Ball; 05-03-2009 at 08:39 PM.