View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #79
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
Hi Jim,
Just got my ATAK from you last Wednesday and installed it the same day. Your instructional video made it look easy! But without a lift... It's slightly harder lol. You were cheaper with shipping than ordering it from a Borla distributor in Florida with shipping!!! Great value, so I will buy from you again. Given that! I followed your school of thought and went for the catback. However I cannot find a set of headers sold with out the X-Pipe... Do you sell headers without the X-Pipe and if so what brands do you recommend for the Borla ATAK? I've read that Kooks requires connection pipes if you buy only headers for the ATAK. Is this true for all brand headers and if so do you sell them?

Thanks!!
Start up and take off. Not real hard considering we finished at midnight lol
Hey,

Glad the install went well. Yeah, without a lift it can definitely be more difficult to get the exhaust in and out from underneath the vehicle, but still doable, yeah?
We do everything we can to offer the lowest prices anywhere for these Borla systems.
Man, the system sounds great. Love hearing these audio clips from installs, the ATAK system never ceases to impress me in both volume and tone. Once it breaks in a little bit more, too, the sound becomes even more well-rounded and powerful, so you'll only grow to love your exhaust more with the passage of time.
We do sell headers without the x-pipe. Some require connection pipes, others don't. Best bet to figure out exactly what you're looking for is to give us a call at our office (770-919-1433) and talk through it with us. Kooks are good headers, but my preference for the Camaro is with the American Racing Headers. Their products are absolutely awesome, very well designed and well made, and they have a shorty option without x-pipe that will meet your needs.

Thanks,
Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote