View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #160
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Why, they are totally different cars. the Vette is a 3200 pound super car with two seats and Zero versatility and little storage and the Camaro is a Muscle car with 4 seats and a trunk, that will possibly weight around 3800 pounds, but it's a versatile car.
I own a 01 C5 Vette and I am trading it in on a 09 Convertible Camaro.
I am tired of the vette, I have 60K on it now amd I hate to drive it now, My Modded 05 Mustang is faster than it and more fun to drive, believe it or not. My vette runs 13.4 @108 Best time.
My 05 GT runs 13.1 @ 105 with CAI, UDP, Tune, 4.10 gears & BFG Drag Radials. (1000 bucks in mods)
Adding CMDP and TCI 3000 Stall this week, Plans are to run 12.7 by august. (another 1000 bucks)
but I would have spent a total of 30k on this car and I am running high 12's and my 40k vette does 13.4
My 05 GT right now has the same HP as my stock C5 people ask why I like my Stang..

I hope the Camaro will be more refined than my S197 Mustang and I am sure it will be more fun to drive, with Aussie engineering for frame and suspension, and 400 + ponies, the Camaro will be a blast in the twisties and at the strip. I have said this before, the only two groups of people that you see driving a vette are OLD GUYS and HOT CHICKS. and I hate being Old
Because I'm 26 and married with no kids, and a C6 Z06 is what I really want. When kids come along I will have a daily to get them around in. Plus a Corvette is probably cheaper to insure.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote