Thread: manual trans
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #35
2Scoops

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BIRDman View Post
ive never driven a manual in my life so an automatic would be my obvious choice. yet because the specs on the manual are so much better, i want to ask if its really that hard to drive one? (a manual)
To answer your question... I had the same issue as you when I bought my current car, (2004 Mazda RX8). I barely knew how to drive a stick... I figured if I was going to spend the amount of $$ that I did on that car I wanted a stick... for the same reasons as you, (Hp, torque, bragging rights, etc). So I took one on a test drive, grinded the gears all over hell and back. The dealer was a young kid and luckily, didn't give a shit. So, he sold me an auto right after. Embarrassed as hell I decided to learn to drive a stick before my next car.

So I learned on my brother's Jeep. I'm so glad that I did. After a while, I graduated to my dad's vette, (THAT took some begging though), and did pretty well.

My point is, that all it takes is practice. If you are like most of us and just HAVE to get a Camaro now, go for the auto and learn to drive a stick with a different car. Then a couple years down the road trade in the 2010 for the 2012. If the extra Hp is that important to you and you can wait to get the Camaro until you learn the stick, then do that. But I do NOT recommend getting a new manual and throwing yourself on it like that.

Just thought I'd throw in my .02
Rest in peace my Brothers.

2SS/RS MN6, Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Black Rally Stripes

http://twoscoopscamaro5.mybrute.com
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote