View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Drigar
SYSADM

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS,CGM,A6
The Texas Mile - May 2011

The Texas Mile will be run in May (27-29 May) for the first time aside from it's normal March and Otober dates, and also for the first time in Beevile, TX (used to be in Goliad, TX). Memorial day Weekend will be a blast at a new venue, and the first time it'll be run in May. It's sure to be a little warmer than the normal March or October dates, but in the last few years, those days have been pretty hot as well.
I'll be running down the one mile drag strip for my second time, this time I'm armed with my Magnuson TVS2300 supercharger, I want to break into the 170's with an ultimate goal of 180 MPH for this round. Our group also has two built Corvettes running in this one, the same two that ran last March, a red Corvette that ran 191.0, and our new high speed champ in a black Corvette that ran 191.2. They will be going head to head again, and we'll see if that .2 MPH was a fluke, or if it was driver performance
If you don't have any plans for that holiday weekend, come to Beevile and watch the action, every initial run down the track will be a new Texas Mile record since the Goliad records are sealed, and the new records start. If you're there, stop by and say hi, my car number will be 602 again this time, the corvettes will be 55 and 88.