View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #76
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ss&99ss View Post
This is the 5th generation Camaro that I have waited patiently to buy. Power, handling, styling, the best of what GM has to offer to us today. The Z/28 was originally developed to be an absolute screamer on the race track by putting the best parts available into a package for a special Camaro and by 1968, only its second year of production, it was dominating SCCA Trans Am events, and continued to do so throughout the 1969 year. The heritage associated with this nameplate is second to none. If this car is going to be the pinnacle of Camaro performance in the 5th generation platform, then it deserves a name none other than Z/28.
I agree. BUT . . .

but . . . what If this isn't GM's plan for the pinnacle of Camaro performance in the 5th Gen? Or what if it is, but they have an even better plan for the 6th gen in the pipeline already? They always said they will not put the Z/28 moniker on a car that does not deserve the title and I think they've done exactly that. I personally don't think they could have reduced the weight enough to make it handle to their own internal standards of what the Z/28 should be. I think the Z/28 will be introduced with the 6th gen which will have less weight, more power and better handling which is what they intended to do in future platforms anyway.

Or, if that isn't what they'll do, well . . . we can just hope that it's a Boss competitor, in which case it will be cheaper and appeal to a larger crowd. I was kind of shocked that I technically could buy the Boss as I feel like I'm an average salary guy, and hoped that there would be a Camaro which competes . . . but I've already bought my SS and I'm happy.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote