View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #13
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
excellent! that is just what i wanted to hear. thank you very much. im waiting to see what the outcome will be over at the other thread on this forum regarding the performance output differences between the 1 3/4", 1 7/8" and 2" primary headers on a LS3 so that i know which to buy, and then i will definitely be ringing you up for the tune. Thanks in advance!
If you wanted to get going on ordering parts now - you can't go wrong with the 1 7/8s LTs on the LS3. If you know what brand of header you want to buy, shoot them an email with your question. They've tested the heck out of various sizes and will steer you in the right direction.

The most common thing I heard researching this - we really like the way 1 7/8s are performing on the LS3. But there is also some differences brand to brand, you may find one with a set up they have tuned in to their liking using 1 3/4....

But the couple I checked with said they really liked the 1 7/8s, so that was good enough for me. I know that they have tested the heck out of it. Makes sense too, the LS3 has some pretty big ports. Large port heads generally like a decent primary pipe size.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote