View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #94
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Joe has figured out the issues, I talked to him in lenght about what u are experiencing and neither me or superscharged with see this problem

Joes fin and stator design makes for a stock like stall with good flash characteristics out of a 12" stock verter....
I know Joe makes good stuff. The reason your do not feel the pre-apply pressure is because of the single disk clutch. Joe has basically taken the stock converter, worked his magic, and re-sealed it back up. The Protorque retains the stock damper and single clutch element. Trust me, you are getting a pre-apply pressure, every 6L80E does. I know because I've ran a vet, truck, G8, and caddy OS in my Camaro. They all do it. What you will not get with a single disk converter is the ability to have WOT lockup with a good amount of power beyond stock or you'll have a very short converter life. Also, the 12" (300mm) converter is huge compared to a 248 or 258. What this translates to is more rotating mass regardless of stator used. I'd be curious to see a multi disk Protorque and how it reacts in this tranny. I think Yank was building one. Circle D is sending me another verter with less clutches possibly in the 278mm realm. The trick is to retain the high HP WOT lockup while eliminating the converter drag caused by the 17ish pre-apply pressure.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote