View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #13
HannoverFist

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I was the lucky volunteer - WooHoo!

Wow, good news travels fast - the dyno chart posted here is from my automatic SIM 2LT/RS. This was the first time that I'd had a car on a dyno - it was really cool. To be honest, I did have a bit of hesitation, but the rewards were well worth it.

We did a quick baseline on my car with the original stock ECM, and then he swapped out the stock for his ECM, and we were off to the races.

He went thru multiple pulls making adjustments each time, answering any ( and all ) questions that I might have had. If my memory serves, he adusted the fuel/air tables and the cam phasing, and you see the gains that were had. We ran out of time, but other adjustments were on the menu - shift points, fan temps, etc. I'm fairly sure that there's more fun to be had.

Regarding the fuel: When I arrived at Drift Office I had 3/4 of a tank of 87 octane, and he suggested that I top if off with 92 octane, which I did. I have no objective way of knowing what difference that might have made.

When all was said and done, we did a quick drive to get a "butt dyno" feel for it, and the car felt more willing to rev and once you get it up past 3K rpms or so, everything wakes up very nicely.

While the car was up on the lift, we noticed a minor rear diff leak, so I'm going to be taking it in to the dealer for service. To that end, we put my stock ECM back in place, and I can certainly tell the difference. Once the dealer service is done, I'll be re-loading the new tune. I can't wait!

Thanks to Vince, and the good folks at Drift Office.

--Hannover Fist

Here's Vince's blurb:

“Here’s dyno results from what we believe to be the first aftermarket-tuned 2010 Camaro V6. Peak gains were 24HP and 17TQ at the wheels, almost a 10% gain. The car was bone stock other than an AirRaid intake. Tuned by Trifecta Performance using their own tuning solution along with Palmer Performance’s ScanXL data logger package. Dyno services were provided by Drift Office LLC of Auburn, WA.”

- Vince Geglia

Trifecta Performance, Inc.

Duvall (Seattle), WA

Ph: 206.595.3061

http://www.trifectaperformance.com

Shop/Phone hours: Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM, PST
(we monitor email outside shop/phone hours)

Want PCM programming without the hassle of removing and shipping your PCM? http://www.trifectaperformance.com/pcm
HannoverFist is offline   Reply With Quote