View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Clearing codes and changing fueling and timing tables are two totally different things. There is absolutely no problem with clearing diagnostic codes...

If you're not sure about the subject of your post, then why post in the first place? We're not talking about future tuning apps, we're talking about Rev, and it does not and cannot change any vehicles tune. It will not void your warranty.

Again people, if you dont know anything about the item in question, then dont post statements warning people not to use it. Educate yourself, then post.... and I wont have to go "Hulk" on you guys! Too funny kdoske!
No, you just have to learn to disagree with more tact and respect. Some people aren't aware of the risks that might be obvious to you and I, but to others, it might not be as clear. I wouldn't recommend interfacing an iPhone for any kind of diagnostic information anyway. Read or writeability. Beck, stop trying to be a techno-hero, encouraging members to use homemade solutions to interface devices with their $40K investments and end up causing them to wreck their cars and warranties. Take it to a tuning facility and let certified mechanics get all the information you need. Believe me, if you have to go "Hulk," I'll be ready. Don't worry about that. Too many people try to be technically savvy with electronics and end up doing entirely too many things wrong and do more harm than good. I'm a self-employed computer tech. I've seen it all. PC's rule over Apple products anyway, so yeah, there you have it.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote