View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
well it was nice while it lasted, R.I.P 'Bee

Last night I was leaving a friends house heading back onto the island from bluffton on highway 278, a couple days ago one of my friends were telling me how the camaro has a 5 star safety rating in every category and I was impressed but I wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was just getting to the intersection at Buck Island Road and I was doing around 57 mph in the far right lane. I saw this car in the opposite direction making a left turn to turn down buck island road, and wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was assuming they were going to slow down, to check and make sure they were clear to go, next thing I know I look over and their just making the turn, in the middle of the intersection about to hit me head on. I swerved to try to avoid the impact but it was to late. They hit me doing at least 50 mph broad side in the drivers side door. I spun out for a little and landed about 400 ft. Away from the other car in the grass. After realizing what happened I patted myself down to see if anything was broken or anything and then checked on them.

The drivers side door caved in about a foot to two feet, the front tire blew and the whole drivers side was demolished. But I walked out of the car totally unharmed, the only thing is I'm a bit sore from the seat belt but nothing serious. The fire department EMTs arrived and thought they had to cut me out of the wreckage and everyone was amazed at how bad of a wreck it was, but how I was totally unharmed.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone at Chevrolet and everyone ay the camaro5 family, chevy has been in my families blood threw generations and I realized why, they make amazing, safe, gorgeous cars.

I just wanted to say "thank you will all my heart chevy" for your guys smart studying and determination to make a safe car it really paid off for me in my case, you guys saved my life and I can't thank you enough

Last week my friend passed away after loosing control of her BMW and clipped a tree, and I'm fortunate that I was in a camaro during that event if I was in anything else I could of been seriously injured.

Thank you all again, and thank you for your time.
Attached Images