View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
VT Knight

Drives: '12 2SS RS
Key Fob Door Unlock Button Randomly Stops Working and Anti-Theft Flashes Red

Has anyone's key fob door unlock not worked and then later work again?

I got to my car after work today and none of the key fob buttons worked. So I used the key to unlock the door and then the horn starts going off, as if I were breaking in. Once I start up the engine, the horn stops, but a red light continues to flash from the anti-theft (light sensor area) on the dash. I tried restarting the car and locking/unlocking the doors via the in-car button. No luck. So I drove home with the flashing red light.

When I got home, the key fob started working again and I was able to lock and unlock the doors with it. However, the anti-theft continues flashing red even when I restart the engine again.

This happened to me at least three times with my old 2LT, however the anti-theft never continued to flash red. The key fob would fail, the horn would go off until I started the engine, and then all would be good by the time I got home.

Given that the key fob has failed on me on multiple occasions with two Camaros, I can only assume I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I suppose its to the dealer for me, but I was hoping to find a way to shut off the red flashing light since I probably won't be able to take it in for another day or two.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm covering it with a piece of paper for now.
VT Knight is offline   Reply With Quote