View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Use factory front rims for rear drag radials

I'm looking for a set of wheels that I could put some drag radials on. I would prefer the factory wheel so that the car will still look factory.

Obviously most people want the rears so there seems to be either complete sets or front wheels available.

If I were to find a cheap set of front OEM wheels and put some Nitto 275 on them does anyone see any issue with that?

My goal would be to get some polished rears with Nitto 305 on them but the rears are much harder to come by.

My other thought would be to buy a complete set of wheels, put some rears on the front, use one pair of the fronts for drag radials, and then maybe sell the other set of fronts for cheap. The only issue I see with that is having a wider wheel on the front vs rear when at the drag strip. Anyone see any issues with going this route?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote