View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Juiced1

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoolman24 View Post
Thanks Detoxx, I was reading a bunch of post and I confused myself, everybody says something diff ha. So my BOV stays closed until I hit my given Boost number and then it opens? At idel its closed? When I left off throttle it opens?
Your blow off value opens when you let off the throttle so you don't damage the blower impeller. All that boost needs to go somewhere and when the throttle blade closes it forces it back into the blower....The BOV opens to prevent this. As mentioned above the wastegate is commonly used on turbo set ups to limit the amount of boost a turbo will make. Since a blower uses pulleys you generally don't need a wastegate but it has been done before. The idea is you can use a small pulley to up your boost and make more torque down low but the safety of a wastegate to limit excess boost numbers up top.
We carry all the hottest brands for your Gen5 and Gen6 Camaros! Get awesome deals on Corsa, SLP, ARH, SW, Whipple, Kooks, Procharger, CAI, K&N, Rtoto-Fab and much more! Call us for your CAMARO5 discount today!
224-63-JUICE OR INFO@JUICEDMOTORSPORTS.COM
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote