Thread: TPW 11/14/11
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #81
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Z2812TBD View Post
Well this sucks. It's the 22nd today, my TPW of 11/14 which became 11/18 has come and gone. Becky was able to find out I have a temporary VIN, which I take to mean it may have started production. No idea what the hold up is. Man is this hard waiting.
Temporary VIN? I've never heard of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
As you know, you and I are in the same boat. I don't see how we could have pissed Chevy off so I wonder why we're getting the shaft I ordered a 2SS Convertible, Black Top, LS3, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Black Exterior, Inferno Orange Stripe Package, and Inferno Orange Interior Accent Package.

I'm wondering if you and I ordered similar items which might be holding up the build.

Becky didn't say anything about a temporary VIN to me and I'm just guessing that must mean your car has started down the line.

If they had told me two weeks ago that my car would be built on 11/30, that wouldn't have been a major concern to me. But to tell me the TPW is ll/14 and then change it to 11/18 and then not deliver makes the waiting that much harder.

Jerry
I still haven't seen anyone with a TPW for this week and i wondered if the factory shut down. Now, with a "temporary" VIN and TPWs changed and passed, I wonder if they would start a car down the line and then leave it in place for a week?

Dang guys, I'm sorry, that sucks!