View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Muffler delete done today at Manvel Muffler - $120 to remove the stock cans and replace with straight pipe plus switch stock exhaust tips over to new pipes. Didn't really want to spend too much on the muffler delete since I know I'll eventually go with a cat-back system. It'll work for now but I'm going to start setting aside money for a cat-back system.

Sounds better now. At least I can actually hear the exhaust a little better. Still way too quiet for my tastes and a lot quieter than the SOLO Performance Mach XL cat-back I had on my 2010 V6. Going to have to rectify this lack of noise situation eventually with a full cat-back system. Even my wife said the muffler delete didn't go far enough in making this car sound louder like the way it really should. At least she gets it...

So far, AFM isn't bugging me when it kicks in. I can hear it better now than I could before but its not overly annoying (yet). Time will tell...

Next step is to remove the stock silver rally stripes and order up the hood spears instead. I really liked that look on my last Camaro and I think it helps add a bit of a different look from the front. Maybe a good Sunday afternoon project...
Attached Images

Last edited by rolnslo; 10-12-2011 at 01:09 PM.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote