View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Thanks for all the good information and I will definitely be in touch when I decide what and when I want to do these modifications.

I have seen your website (frans96ss) and noticed that you specialize in the LS3 engine so I assume you would also specialize on the L99 also.

My major concern is my GM warranty, but I know thats out the window once I make any serious modifications like a cat back and headers or a supercharger kit.

So my main question is if/when I do major engine modifications what type of warranty can I expect from the company that does the mods? If my engine blows or the transmission or rear end craps the bed what can I expect these companies to cover? Will they restore my car fully or will I be out on a limb with them and GM?

At this point I am sure I will at least upgrade the exhaust and headers but don't really want to go all GM parts just to protect my warranty but I also don't have money to just throw away.

But there is a part of me that wants to go balls to the walls and try to get 500 HP out of these car because I know it is capable of doing it. And I think that part of mw is going to win but I want to be sure that my car can be repaired if damaged.

Thanks for the info and any more feedback is greatly appreciated.

I will PM you guys soon when I have made a definite decision.

Thanks
We specialize in ANY LSX engine. If you get headers and exhuast your warrenty wont be voided. GM has to PROVE that the mods you did to the car caused the other part to fail. For instance if you put headers on your car and your radio stops working. They in no way can prove that so it will be covered. With a blower and stuff it might be alittle harder but i know a few people at some dealerships that can push some stuff through for me. Ive never had a problem before with any of the vettes i built.

As far as a shop honoring a warrenty thats a gray area for sure. Not many people will actually "warrenty" a vehicle with a blower and such on it. I will always 110% warrenty any work i did or any parts you got from me. If we do a blower and your clutch fails then that cant be on me. Thats a wear item and something that will eventually go either way. If something breaks from something we did wrong or something (which rarely happens) then i will cover it. If for some reason your fuel pump dies and leans out the motor and melts a piston then that is not on me and i can not cover it.

I hope you understand where im coming from. There is so many instances that can point fingers either way. If you talk to any of my customers you will know im MORE than fair when it comes to stuff. Feel free to stop by the shop and check out what we do. We usually have some pretty cool projects going on.
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote