View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Build Thread: Whipplecharged Drag Pak L99 by TORQ!

As many of you might know, we do a lot of road course builds at Torq, but we also do a quite a few Drag Racing builds as well! This is one of my favorites for sure, as I feel it is a true sister car to my own road course build. A totally streetable, daily driveable Camaro that will kick some serious butt at the track

Anywho, here is the vehicle in question, or at least stage 1 of this awesome build!

She may look very stock in this photo, but looks can be deceiving

Here are just a few of the current specs:

Power Mods:
  • Polished 2.9L Whipple Supercharger
  • Roto-Fab CAI
  • Kooks Custom Headers - 1-7/8" with cats
  • MBRP 3" catback

With only these mods, Steven managed to run 11.7X's @ 119mph consistently on STOCK TIRES and STOCK SUSPENSION, even with traction control on

It was enough to win the 5th Gen Shoot-Out at last The Super Chevy Show at Palm Beach earlier this year!

So after Stage 1 was done, and Steven learned how to drive the car at 100% we decided to move forward with Stage 2

After focusing on the power mods on Stage 1, we decided to move onto some proper suspension work and wheels and tires. We put together a package together with the guys over at Pfadt Racing that we feel will take this car to all new levels! We really look forward to testing the Pfadt Racing Drag Coil-Overs and seeing what they can do!

Stage 2 included the following suspension parts:

• Pfadt Racing Drag Specific Coil-Overs
  • Pfadt Racing Solid Subframe Bushings
  • Pfadt Racing Diff Bushings
  • Pfadt Racing Adjustable Tie Rods
  • Pfadt Racing Trailing Arms
  • Pfadt Racing Sway bars (as they are not 100% necessary for the strip, they are for driving the car on the street)

And also a few other goodies:
  • Richmond 3.73 Gears
  • DSS 1400 HP Axles
  • Bogart 17" Drag wheel Set-up with Hoosier Slicks & M&H Front Runners

We had planned on heading to the track with this set-up first before Stage 3 would be done, but since the LS Fest in Bowling Green is coming up pretty soon, Steven decided to go ahead with Stage 3 right now!

We will be getting started with Stage 3 shortly, and will consist of a sweet Torq Custom Grind Camshaft, Cylinder Head & Valvetrain Upgrade, Cooling Mods, Converter, safety equipment and some more goodies. I will make sure to post more info and photos once we get rolling with it.

While waiting for the parts, the car was off getting some nice cosmetic work done to her. A nice custom painted stripe job, as well as the blacked out bumpers and RS Halos with HIDS's! Can't wait to get those Bogarts on her and take some proper photos

Finally, here is a video with the dyno runs, and some other fun shots of the build

Last edited by Erik@Torq; 08-25-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote