View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #1060
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

I would really like for GM to at least shorten the acceleration gap. I'm pleased that ZL1, with a +200-lb., +80-hp disadvantage can more than keep up at nearly all the tracks that's been reported by the major magazines, but still think it would be nice for GM to bump the power, at least another 40-60. We're probably only talking 2-4 psi, but I understand the limitations in the rest of the powertrain, too. Considering it seems the GT500, for the most part, requires several more grand to stay competitive around a track, I think a PP would be something many owners would jump in to.

The ZL1 was impressive out of the gate. I'm crossing my fingers for some form of ZL1 improvement before the 5th gen bows out. Power would be nice to close the gap, but I'm sure there could be other areas improved as well such as Recaros, suspension tuning, options, aero, etc. I’m hoping given the performance of the GT500 they have a few tricks up their sleeves for 2014 or 2015. Perhaps post C7 release the ceiling will be raised for power. Perhaps feedback from real-world use will provide some insight into what can be improved. Either way the car is great, but there is always room for improvement IMO. That’s the nature of competition – it pushes everyone beyond what they thought was necessary or possible.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote