View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ's Garage View Post
Wow,
This might be my problem. I have a 2SSRS A6 here in Vegas and it ran 14.10 at 102 stone stock with street tires. Since we're at 2300 feet and it was 105, I wasn't too worried, but wanted more. After a couple bracket races I decided to put on JBA LTH/w H-Flow Cats with 3" Exhaust and K&N CAI and head for the track. I had some real clearence problems with the CATs and the 3" exhaust and it took me a couple of days to get the raddles out, which were really bad. The driver side collector is real close to the heatshield.

Anyway, off to the track with dreams of the high 12s running through my head, the best run was a lowly 14.3 at 100mph. Slower than stock. I figured it was the tune, so off to the Dyno. First pull is around 315rwhp. After 8 or 9 pulls we see 383.5rwhp with 392tq, whoopi we fixed it.

Out to the track. First pass, 14.38 at 99MPH:( and nothing much better. 1/8 mile times around 9.30? 60 feet is consistant at 2.2 to 2.3, even with drag radials. Basiclly the car is slower now, than it was totally stock.

Could I have damaged the sensors, or maybe the driverside header is hitting the frame at launch??? So far, nobody seems to come up with anything other than, that's weird.
I'm certainly not an expert, but, I'm guessing it could be.

Here's something to consider. On the dyno, they should be able to see the timing retard due to "knocking"

If they aren't seeing it on the dyno, have them ride with you pluged into the ecm and do some runs on the road to see if they pick up any knock or timing issues that they don't see on the dyno.

Maybe that will help resolve it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote