View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #34
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Hope the topics not misleading...

I've been a Camaro owner since the late 90s and am (trying to) patiently wait for the arrival of my 2SS vert. In the meantime, I browse the forums and I can't help but be overwhelmed by the number of shallow comments stating "don't like it" or "its too heavy" etc... so I figured this a good place to post my own thoughts rather than wasting someone elses thread.

First off- yes there is a weight difference? Im not really sure how much, but I just don't see the big deal. Its no difference than riding with a passenger (or 2) in a coupe. And when it really comes down to it- no matter what car you buy, or how much $ u put into it, someones gonna have something newer, faster and more expensive... I just don't get it!

And I know this is a personal preference, but I gotta believe most vert buyers will agree- we have.much better visions of our cars than sitting in line at a track, (personally, I invision driving around w a hot brunette in a bikini top in mine!) Although not that old, I've come to the conclusion long ago, that looks and comfort weigh in just as heavily as performance, so to me- the few tenths of a second performance I loose is well worth the topless cruises on the weekends.

And finally, "I don't like it"... really? That's necessary after reading it 3,000 times repeatedly?! I don't particularily like mayo, but I don't crash the miracle whip web site daily to tell them. Its great to have your opinion, and even share it (when asked)but to constantly jump forums to simply put "I don't like it" or "trunk lids ugly"... that's great for you, but we get it- and those of us buying verts- don't care that you don't like it! ( much like many won't care that I took the time to write this, but at least I didn't jack someone elses post to do it!)

So there's my peace. Coupe owners, I've drooled for 2 yrs in silence as u drove around while i patiently waited, now its my turn to bask in the joy, and I will be doing so topless, and loving every minute of it while u lurk in the shadows!
Why does it bug you so bad what other people think? If that's what you long for then other people's opinions wouldn't ever enter your mind. I'm a big fan of yellow cars and many people don't like yellow. That doesn't make me go into a rage and get upset. I just say to each it own.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote