View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #121
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I would like to see a set of Recaro front seats and cloth interior. A/C and power windows aren't going anywhere. The entire A/C system is about 25 lbs. and power windows are actually lighter than manual. Recaro's would drop some weight, take out some sound deadening and insulation, I'm sure MR doesn't add that much weight. I would like to see a factory CAI, freer flowing manifolds and the ZL1 beefed up diff and axles with a 3.73 gear. There's an easy way to bump the HP to 450 and drop weight to just under 3800 lbs. I would put a deposit down today.

I don't get the leather seats with out the 4 pack gauges. I would have done the exact opposite.
All of this, esp. the bolded part...want me to "keep the faith" build it as described here. No more overweight pigs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Yes, that's what I was getting at... We already have fully loaded SS, LT and ZL1s... A 1LE shouldn't, in my mind, have all of that other stuff in it that's not really needed. Yes, it's nice, but it's not really a "road racer" at that point as much as it's a high performance luxury coupe.

I know many people like all their pretty and comfy internals, but one can't have everything... Is it too much to ask to have a "Stripper Z" again?
I sure hope not......but again, "keep the faith"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
You officially have lost your mind.

Sounds like we need to take a road trip to Ohio to straighten the boy out.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote