View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #1147
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkittrell View Post
Want your guys opinion here . I'm looking to buy a 2013 SS/RS here soon, collecting a large down payment first . When I found the 1LE it thru a loop in my plans. I really like the looks that the 1LE provides to the camaro, this would be a daily driver and wont see the track so the suspension upgrades are not important to me but they are nice. Im mainly interested in the cosmetics the package provides but I would add the RS package as well. I have wondered How the taller gearing would affect overall time and the figures posted are exactly what I was thinking could happen which I dislike, what would you guys do in this situation ?

What are you concerned with, regarding gear ratios? The rear end gears are shorter in the 1LE, not taller. However, the gearing in the 1LE transmission offsets the shorter gears. In both cars 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th gears will feel the same. Both cars will accelerate from a stop exactly the same. Third and fourth gears will feel different, with fourth being the most noticeable. Fourth gear will feel different because the 1LE will pull harder, but not have as much MPH at redline. The ratio between 4th gear and 5th gear will be greater in the 1LE. Think of it this way; A 6 speed SS will feel like it has 6 evenly spaced gears. The 1LE will feel like a close ratio 4 speed that has two extra overdrive gears for highway use.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote