View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #67
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I think Ford may upgrade the Boss 302 to some degree, but I don't see them doing anything brand new to compete. From what I've read, the Boss is just about the max possible from their antiquated platform except for mild HP increases. Their current chassis struggles big time to handle 444 HP. I think the new Mustang platform coming in 2015-16 will leap frog the current track car competition causing another flurry of catch up tactics from the competition. JMHO. But you're right...awesome times for all of us.
Yeah it's going to have to be an IRS Mustang but when you look at the timing; sometime probably late next year... all 3 companies aiming at coming out with cars that supposedly have an extremely limited market which normally equals to little or no profit... makes me wonder. These are also cars that have a higher investment cost to create and probably produce. It just doesn't make economic/business sense UNLESS there's a greater plan/vision in play here.

A new manufacturer's competition series with these kinds of cars would be just freakin great. The big 3 combining their advertising budgets to really pump public interest....just look at how the Transformer's movie cranked up interest in Bumblebee/Camaros. And then after the debut year, the 'foreign' car makers want to join the party. Now you have Japanese and German cars adding to the fun. I can see Mazda and BMW in particular wanting to compete.

We could be on the edge of some great motoring times.... or I could just be dreaming lol... we'll see.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote